Friday, December 17, 2010

This is a test

This is a test to see if anybody reads this anymore.

As many of you probably are unaware that Mesaba Airlines was sold to Pinnacle Corp. last summer. As part of the sale all of Mesaba operations would be either transfered to another airline with the remaining assets and jobs moving down to Memphis TN. This includes my current position. Although I have heard that MEM is a nice area, neither myself or Kate have had a longing or heard the call to head there but at the same time have left the option on the table.

This posting is to say that we will not be heading to MEM with Mesaba Airlines and I will likely terminate my employment with them. I have been given a conditional job offer to work for Delta Airlines here in the Twin Cities as a line mechanic at the MSP airport. This is all pending a successful, drug test and audiogram along with the fingerprinting as part of the background check. If all goes well (and it should) I could be starting mid January, just in time for the wonderful crisp weather and temperatures.

This is an exciting transition for us and we look forward to the future growth opportunities at Delta and to also stay in Minnesota to enjoy the four seasons and friendships that have grown deep.

Merry Christmas everybody ! ! !

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, okay it took Judy sending me an email to say that there was something new on the family blog, but here I am, I see your update!! Congrats, I really hope it is a great transition and MN is a great place to live. Judy said she forgot her password to leave a comment but she will be sending you a message.

Best of luck Eckelberry's! and Merry Christmas to you all, we will miss seeing all of you this time of year!

Eric said...

It's official. My start date at Delta is January 10th.

Kristi Chew - Stan Chew said...

Wow, This is a good thing right?? Do you have anytime off inbetween, hours different?

Best of luck!!

Eric said...

It has the potential to be a very good thing. The alternative would be to move to Memphis with Mesaba which wasn't high on our Christmas list or New Years resolutions.

My last day at Mesaba is January 9th and my 1st Day at Delta is the 10th at 800 am. Beyond that Delta could not tell what my schedule might be. There will be paperwork and some schools to attend so that would be on days for a few weeks.

Old Woman Marine said...

Praying for you all Eric, hope this is a great change for you and the fam! :)

Kristi Chew - Stan Chew said...

so Eric how have the first couple of days gone? Good I hope!! Praying for nothing but good things in this new transition for you.

Eric said...

Delta has been great so far. There is some disorganization and disconnect between departments but that just means opportunities to help improve things to make it better than I found it.

I dont regret making this move. Not for one second.